NMX is once once more opening up our name for speakers. I might link to the form here and ship you there now with out rationalization, however there are some things we should always go over first.
Yearly we see proposals from individuals who seem to be confused about NMX, and aren’t positive who our attendees, or we are about.
At first, our group is wanting for passion, creativity, and speakers who will encourage them. They don’t seem to be wanting for individuals to inform them methods to be, why they are, or why they should be influential.
In order for us to seek out audio system who are an excellent match for our group, and so you don’t waste hours perfecting a proposal that gained’t be accepted, we’re going to be very clear about who we’re and what we’re wanting for in excellent audio system for NMX 2016.
Essential: I do know this can be a long submit, but please learn all earlier than submitting a proposal.
- 1 NMX is a convention for content creators
- 2 What are we wanting for in our speakers?
- 2.1 We don’t ask that you simply converse at each convention on the circuit, solely that you simply:
- 2.2 Our preferrred audio system are as enthusiastic about content creation and new media as we are:
- 2.3 Our splendid speakers are proud to advertise their NMX periods
- 2.4 What we’re wanting for in a speaker for NMX:
- 2.5 More advanced content, please!
- 2.6 What we’re not wanting for:
- 3 NMX: Inspiring content material creators since 2007
NMX is a convention for content creators
Helping content creators has all the time been our imaginative and prescient, and we haven’t strayed from this message since day one.
Earlier than we get into what NMX is, let’s speak about what it isn’t:
- NMX IS NOT a social media conference – Our attendees are very social media savvy, but NMX isn’t a conference to show social media expertise.
- NMX IS NOT a advertising conference – NMX attendees are all the time wanting for new methods to share their content material, however they’re not Internet marketers or social media marketers.
- NMX IS NOT a tech conference: Our attendees, audio system, and exhibitors are all very tech oriented. Actually, know-how is the rationale content material creators have the liberty to share their passion like by no means before. A few of our audio system may train concerning the instruments and know-how content material creators have to take their content material to the subsequent degree, however know-how shouldn’t be our main focus.
- NMX IS NOT a business conference: This last one is a bit tough. NMX attendees are at the beginning content material creators. Nevertheless, they are also small business house owners, creating content material for themselves or shoppers. Others are full or part time staff creating content for these businesses. So we undoubtedly speak about greatest practices of rising your content targeted business. We simply aren’t a convention about enterprise that includes content as one among your corporation tools.
NMX IS the primary and only conference for ALL new media content material creators
In the event you write, weblog, podcast, produce videos, take pictures or create any type of content to share online, we’re your conference.
The sensible people who attend NMX are wanting for new ways to hone their craft and turn into more profitable creating content material on-line. NMX attendees need to study to create better, monetize better, and share higher.
Whereas NMx attendees are partly made up of execs who’re learning more about content creation to turn into better at what they do for their enterprise, it’s necessary to know that a lot of the NMX group are in enterprise for themselves or have that as their objective.
NMX attendees create content material on their own platforms, in the beginning, but in addition blog, podcast, and produce video for shoppers. It’s protected to say the typical NMX attendee isn’t your typical 9 to 5-er.
The NMX group is made up of peers, not “influencers”
NMX is an influencer-free zone. The NMX group doesn’t care about Klout scores or follower counts. If you wish to converse at NMX so you possibly can hang around with “influencers” we’re not the correct conference for you. NMX attendees examine their egos at the door and are more impressed by creativity than people who find themselves well-known on the Web.
Now, if you want to collaborate with or be inspired by an superior group of artistic and sensible individuals, who know how you can do superb issues online, come be a part of us in Las Vegas.
Everyone is equal at NMX.
What are we wanting for in our speakers?
One factor we satisfaction ourselves on at NMX is introducing some new audio system to our attendees, so in case you haven’t accomplished this earlier than, don’t be shy! Some of as we speak’s largest names in content creation had their first expertise on stage at NMX again within the day. Don’t take into consideration being “new” or “old.” It’s extra essential to be sensible, articulate and inspirational.
We don’t ask that you simply converse at each convention on the circuit, solely that you simply:
- Are sensible: Our perfect speaker is aware of his or her stuff. Please don’t apply to talk for those who plan on winging it or copying bullet points from someone else’s weblog submit. Please don’t crowdsource ideas for your session two days earlier than NMX. We discover and so do our attendees.
- Are passionate: Should you love to create content material and it exhibits in what you do, you’re a very good candidate for talking at NMX. Our excellent speaker shares that zeal with others.
- Will examine your ego at the door: We’re not considering numbers or divas, because numbers can’t train and divas don’t attain. The NMX podium isn’t a spot for you to speak about how awesome you’re. Our perfect speaker cares extra about sharing information than sharing trophies. We all know you’re in all probability an enormous deal on the internet, however so are most of our attendees. You’re amongst peers, not fawning fans who will probably be awed by your presence.
- Will make plans to spend time with NMX attendees: Our preferrred audio system love our convention and need to be a part of our group. They take pleasure in spending time with attendees in the NMX Lounge and in addition go to the Expo flooring, come to the events, purple carpet occasions and different periods. For those who’re speaking at NMX, you’re in all probability additionally a content creator who can come away studying as much as you train. We’re not saying all audio system MUST be present for all that’s happening, however in the event you’re pressed for time and solely plan on talking and operating, we’d relatively give the chance to someone who actually needs to be there.
- WON’T Promote: Gross sales pitches are for the expo flooring, not the rostrum. We actively inform our attendees to heckle individuals pitching from the stage -and then inform us about it. Consider me, they do.
Our preferrred audio system are as enthusiastic about content creation and new media as we are:
Our excellent NMX speakers are also NMX attendees and if they’re not selected to speak, they still need to attend.
Our ultimate NMX audio system geek out about content and content creation on a regular basis, and are keen about their chosen platforms.
Our superb speaker WANTS to be at NMX, not as a result of she or he has something to promote, but as a result of they will’t stand to be away and would really like nothing more than to spend time with the web content creation group.
As a result of NMX attendees are principally in business for themselves, they’re the ones placing out the investment to attend – not their bosses. Our splendid speaker understands this and plans on giving everyone critical bang for his or her buck.
NMX attendees don’t HAVE to return to our conference as a part of their jobs. They WANT to return. Our splendid speakers make plans to attend events, purple carpet occasions, networking receptions and even visit different periods because they know that it means so much to attendees to spend time getting to know their favourite audio system.
If that sounds just a little too kumbaya to you, and also you don’t assume you possibly can muster up that type of enthusiasm for our conference, we’re in all probability not a great match for your needs.
Our splendid speakers are proud to advertise their NMX periods
Our superb speakers promote their periods not solely because they need a full room (because that’s necessary!) but in addition because they want others to return to NMX and see why it’s such an ideal occasion.
We do our greatest to promote each speaker at NMX on our publication, the blog, on Twitter, Facebook, Twitter chats and different channels. Nevertheless, there’s solely so much we will do. While we do our greatest to spread the word about you, our primary job is to get individuals in the building. It’s additionally part of the speaker’s job is to assist get them within the room.
Our ideally suited audio system must be as passionate about talking at NMX as we’re to have them and, thus, they don’t mind selling their periods to other content material creators. We will promise you this, you gained’t be the one nice speaker speaking at any given hour. You may be competing for attendees’ consideration. The Hail Mary strategy to session promotion – not sharing your session details with others and hoping individuals present up – doesn’t all the time work. It’s by no means a good idea to imagine individuals will show up since you are famous on the Web, that’s not what impresses NMX attendees.
What we’re wanting for in a speaker for NMX:
- All periods have to be geared in the direction of on-line content creators – Periods have to be of curiosity to bloggers, podcasters, and video creators.
- Periods that transcend the standard “101:” NMX attendees are already creating content material. Periods shouldn’t inform us why we need to do it – they should tell us the best way to do it higher, smarter, and more profitable.
- Case research, knowledge, and tendencies as they relate to content creation: What are the issues we need to know to achieve success now and in the future? Share proof and statistics.
- Tools, Ideas, Methods: How do content material creators make the process easier, brighter, and clearer?
- Monetization methods and ideas – What are the alternative ways on-line content material creators can monetize their very own platforms for a full time revenue?
- Self-publishing: The NMX group is made up of aspiring authors who need to succeed on their very own platforms.
- Something we don’t see anyplace else: We’ll give prime consideration to periods which might be distinctive, and that we don’t see at every different convention. Train us one thing new.
More advanced content, please!
As content material creators, the NMX group already is aware of why it’s essential to weblog, podcast, and produce video. Additionally they know the importance of utilizing social media. With that in thoughts, primary “why you need to blog” or “why podcasters should use Twitter” shows aren’t helpful because our group is already there. What they really need to know the best way to do is to take their content material to the subsequent degree. For example, photograph, video and podcasting modifying ideas, advanced hacks for running a blog, and methods all content material creators can earn good money doing what they love most are welcome subjects.
What we’re not wanting for:
- Periods that aren’t geared in the direction of on-line content creators: We’re not wanting for periods about learn how to drive Facebook engagement on a model web page, or the way to up one’s Twitter follower rely. That’s better geared in the direction of a social media advertising conference, which we’re not.
- Session featuring “secrets” that aren’t actually secret If it comes up on a Google search, it’s not secret. If others have blogged about it, shared webinars about it, bought ebooks on it, and, nicely, find out about it, it’s not a secret. Should you’re promising secrets and techniques, or “surefire strategies” you’ll want to back them up in your proposal, because that’s something we’d really wish to see. Periods must deliver what they promise.
- Periods which might be all jargon and no substance: Please don’t use thrilling session titles that promise the world, or are riddled with advertising buzzwords and jargon. The NMX group doesn’t need to be pitched to – they need to advance their methods as shared by somebody who does it properly – in plain English.
- Periods that don’t match the session headline and description: Nothing frustrates the NMX group more than displaying up for a session solely to seek out out the presentation isn’t anything like what was promised within the session description.
- Periods that fizzle out after 15 minutes: Please be ready to talk for 30 – 45 minutes relying on your session time, with 15 minutes left for Q&A.
- Sales pitches: Pitching is for booths.
- Periods that tell us why we need to do something we’re already doing. NMX attendees are already online. They already know why they need to blog, podcast, produce video, tweet, or use Pinterest.
- Periods about you and your success that no one else can relate to: If you want to train the way you grew your podcast to 5 million listeners, it is best to train precisely that. We’re not wanting for a play by play of your highlight reel. If attendees can’t relate, you’ll lose them. Keep in mind, the session isn’t about you – it’s to teach attendees tips on how to get from point A to level B.
- Periods about rising follower counts or turning into influential: Just, no.
- Periods you see at every different conference:. The most important consideration is given to those that current distinctive concepts. Please don’t submit a proposal for a session that you simply’ve introduced at many other conferences.
I do know this can be a lot to consider. Nevertheless, every year we receive tons of of proposals. Lots of them are superb but as a consequence of time and area restraints we find yourself rejecting most of them. We’ve got to make some very exhausting decisions and evaluation a ton of nice ideas. When that course of gets clogged up with people who obviously don’t get us, it makes it more durable for everybody.
NMX: Inspiring content material creators since 2007
Our preferrred NMX audio system aren’t gurus, professionals, rockstars, coaches, influencers, ninjas, or self-proclaimed specialists. NMX audio system are enthusiastic about content creation, individuals, and the convention itself. If that is you, we will’t wait to see your proposal. Deadline to simply accept proposals is August 31, 2015.
Assume you’re a very good match for NMX? Click here to submit your proposal!