In a blink of the eye, the most important, largest, tallest have risen out of Dubai’s golden sands. In a single day, this Gulf oasis now glimmers with vertical cities, palaces in the sky, gold partitions, 24-carat gold footwear, and ATM’s that dispenses gold bars. Bedouin tales from the ancestor Bani Yas tribe, couldn’t have predicted this type of magic that has sprung out of this Arabian desert.
All of it awaits you as you come to visit, take a look at our prime issues to do in Dubai!
In 1991, Dubai had one sky rise. Immediately over 900. Hanging oil in 1966 made it attainable for Dubai’s ruler, His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al-Maktoum, to construct a metropolis like no different in the world. One among seven Emirates in the UAE (United Arab Emirates), Dubai has one of many highest per capita incomes in the world.
Situated on the east coast of the Arabian Peninsula, in the southwest nook of the Arabian Gulf, you’ll be able to see some of Dubai’s landmarks from outer area, with a skyline of hovering skyscrapers that bedazzle visitors from all over the world.
Inside a day’s reach, you possibly can go to sandy seashores, purple sand dunes, majestic mountains, lush tropical gardens. From dune bashing to designer purchasing, there’s a kaleidoscope of activities in this vibrant coastal metropolis. Every little thing here is “over-the-top” and you may be guaranteed your days shall be sunny with yr round sunshine!
Things to Do in Dubai?
After visiting Dubai over the previous decade, right here’s our “shortlist” of suggestions – what to do, where to stay, dine, spa.
- Burj Khalifa -The easiest way to start out your Dubai sightseeing is to go to the remark deck on the 124th flooring for a 360 degree orientation of Dubai. Get ready to enter the document books! You’ll be driving 1,654 ft. on the world’s tallest service elevator. At 2,716.5 ft and 160 tales, the Burj Khalifa skyscraper holds many world data together with the world’s tallest man-made, freestanding construction and building. For tickets to the top, go to: www.atthetop.ae
- Dubai Mall – On the base of Burj Khalifa, you’ll undoubtedly drop after you shop the world’s largest mall with 1,200 boutiques! After strolling by means of 440,000 sq. ft. with the most important collection of style brands in the world, and when you have the power, take a spin on the indoor ice skating rink or view marine life in the indoor aquarium. When you want skiing, head to the Mall of Emirates which has an indoor ski resort – largest in the Middle East.
- Dubai Fountains – The Dubai Fountains surge up to 500 ft in the air and dance to Arab, World, and Classical music at the largest fountain present in the world. Click on here to observe these fountains dance!
- Burj Al Arab – The world’s only “7 Star luxury hotel” unfurled its sail-shaped exterior when it opened simply before January 2000. Dubai’s iconic landmark stands by itself man-made island at 1,000 ft. We have been entranced on a tour that took us by means of a lobby with a ~500 foot atrium and two story aquarium. Click on here to view the a number of pictures we captured at this Arabian marvel! Resembling a standard Arab boat, the dhow, it appears prefer it’s crusing off the coast of Dubai. Architect Tom Wright is the mastermind behind the world’s 4th tallest lodge with 28 floors and 202 deluxe suites. The Royal Suite price tag is ~$20,000 per night time. Many marriage proposals happen in its eating places – Al Mahara (“Oyster”), with a submarine-like entrance to eating space surrounded by a floor-to-ceiling seawater aquarium, and the Al Muntaha (“Highest” or “Ultimate”), on the higher floors of the lodge presents panoramic views of the Gulf, The Palm and The World Islands.
- Dubai Water Parks – There are several water parks in Dubai, like Wild Wadi and Atlantis. We went to Aquaventure at Atlantis, The Palm to slip down the “Leap of Faith”. Click on here to observe as we slide down 9 stories in 1 second, then velocity via tank surrounded by sharks and rays. The most recent thrill is on the Tower of Poseidon the place you possibly can check your braveness sliding down 120 foot slide – a World Breaking Experience.
- Skydive Dubai – If you need one of the best panoramic aerial view of The Palm, and The World Islands, head to Skydive Dubai and sign up for a tandem skydive immediately over The Palm, and on a clear day see The World Islands in the space. The Palm is one among Dubai’s daring architectural feats and is among the three largest synthetic islands in the world. Click here to see what happens as we bounce out over The Palm!
- Seawings Flight over Dubai – An alternative choice is to fly on Seawings seaplane and see Dubai from every angle – above the water, along the Arabian coast and thru the guts of this city. Everybody has the “best seat” on the flight with a window that peers out to the world well-known landmarks and dramatic Dubai skyline. We saw unimaginable views of the Burj Khalifa, Burj Al Arab, the Palm and the islands of the World on this 45 mins. flight. Highly advocate booking a flight to see this fascinating city!
E-book your flight at: [email protected]
No record of “Things to do in Dubai” can be full with out visiting the grand Previous Dubai!
- Jumeirah Mosque – Be sure you go to the Jumeirah Mosque, the UAE’s most essential spiritual website, with extraordinary architecture. Wear a veil and cover up to show respect.
- Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Middle for Cultural for Understanding – His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Ruler of Dubai and Prime Minister of the UAE, shares “Dubai is a uniquely modern and cosmopolitan city and the United Arab Emirates is home for families from all over the world, each with their own distinctive culture. Expatriates and UAE nationals are neighbours; however they can also be strangers.” In an effort to raised understand each other, he founded this middle to introduce the traditions and customs of the UAE.
- Dubai Ladies’s Museum –a cultural initiative designed to rejoice and discover the lives of girls in the UAE. Distinctive to the Gulf and The UAE, this museum highlights ladies’s achievements and aims to find the lives of UAE society by means of UAE ladies past and current.
- Bastakiya – Go to the historical space subsequent to Dubai Creek in Previous Dubai, where you possibly can tour historic homes and the last wind tower (early form of AC) quarter left on the Arab aspect of the Gulf. In 1833, this harbor was a trading middle for middle for the fishing, pearling and sea commerce and developed into an necessary port by the 20th century. Watch the dhows, previous Arab picket boats, sail down the waterway. Spend a minimum of an hour on the Dubai Museum, the place you’ll be able to study Dubai’s pre-oil growth and get insights into Emiratis cultural heritage and the way they lived just many years ago. Should you’re hungry, you possibly can cease for a Camel Burger at an area café.
- Gold Souk – We went window buying to one of many largest gold markets in the world with 300 jewelry outlets and admired the intricately designs. Enterprise into the hidden alleyways the place there are smaller outlets with pointed toe footwear, sequined robes, Aladdin lamps, and find a treasured souvenir. On the Deira aspect of the creek, the souk (market in Arabic), was the most important on the coast.
- Spice Souk – The lanes get narrower as you go into the bustling spice souk and start to odor the perfume of incense, and sacks of Center East spices like cardamom, cinnamon and cloves. Right here we purchased some dried fruit and nuts to snack on as we continued our Dubai discoveries.
- Desert Safari and Sundowner Dune Dinner – You’ll be able to’t depart Dubai, without experiencing a Desert Safari with Arabian Adventures. Within 45 minutes from Dubai, you’re in the desert following a convoy of 4X4’s on a roller coaster of purple sand dunes as you dune bash to a village website. After this thrilling journey, a magical night awaited us as we rode camels, and discovered a few of the conventional ways of the Emirati individuals – getting ready tea, dressing like a Bedouin, getting henna design in your ft or palms, feasting on traditional dishes – hummus, tabouli, bbq, and testing out the hubbllee bubbblee – the shisha (the well-known Arabic water pipe) with some Arabic espresso (gahwa) along with recent candy dates. Earlier than returning to Dubai, friends are entertained with a belly dance efficiency underneath a canopy of stars.
The place to Stay, Dine & Spa in Dubai?
The Oberoi Dubai: Within the coronary heart of downtown Dubai, we discovered The Oberoi to be an oasis of luxury! This award profitable modern lodge opens up to dramatic views of the long-lasting Burj Khalifa, and is just some minutes drive to Dubai Mall and the DIFC, and solely 20 minutes from the airport.
There are 252 rooms and we found our bedroom and toilet to be spacious with a heat ambience, designed with paintings, timber flooring, wealthy materials, and hand-tufted rugs. Even the bath has a view of the Burj Khalifa. Don’t Miss! Order your favourite sort of pillow from the pillow menu.
We dined on the award profitable specialty Indian restaurant: Ananta and each dish was filled with flavor and delicious. The Chef and his group introduced traditional Indian dishes with a revolutionary post-modern twist.
The Oberoi Spa pampered us to a Balinese massage and a rose petal-filled tub. Their remedies embrace Western, Balinese, Thai and Ayurveda impressed remedies and there’s a 24-hour health club, in addition to a temperature-controlled swimming pool.
Raffles Dubai: Solely a 5-10 mins experience from the airport, and you arrive to Raffles Dubai! This charming pyramid-shape luxurious lodge has a variety of rooms and suites that cater to families, enterprise and leisure travelers.
Photograph courtesy of Raffles Dubai
Our Raffles Club Room was spacious and the decor inspired by Middle Japanese design. Refined, but it looks like house with its effective linens, pillow menu and trendy facilities. Our personal terrace with sweeping views of downtown Dubai. We had a tour of the Presidential and Royal Suites and they’re spectacular!
Raffles Garden Restaurant: We dined outdoors in our personal personal cabana and savored the number of cold and warm mezzeh platters delivered to us. The grilled dishes have been superb too – seafood & meats.
Photographs courtesy of Raffles Dubai
Raffles Spa has 6 spa suites and virtually 13,000 sq ft of spa and wellness amenities. Their spa features remedies inspired by Asian, Middle Japanese and European traditions. We had just arrived to Dubai feeling jet-lagged, and checked into the spa for a massage earlier than we went to bed. It’s a good way to chill out after an extended flight.
Four Seasons DIFC (Dubai International Financial Middle): We liked this boutique lodge nestled in the middle of vibrant Dubai. We expect it’s a gem and one of the Four Seasons best boutique inns. Its intimate setting is designed for the right retreat in the guts of the town. The lodge caters to vacationers who’re in Dubai on enterprise or holiday or both! There’s a rooftop oasis with an “instagram” famous pool and beautiful metropolis views. The lodge’s spa is a sanctuary for those wanting to only loosen up, and there are refined restaurants and bars — Mina’s Brasserie and Luna Sky Bar the place visitors can dine, entertain or network.
Our suite had flooring to ceiling windows and was superbly adorned. The posh lodging included a spacious entry, separate sitting space, giant rest room. It was so quiet that we couldn’t consider we have been in the center of Dubai city.
MINA Brasserie: Situated in the Four Seasons DIFC, MINA is a contemporary brassserie that has partnered with award-winning Chef Michael Mina. It’s an awesome selection for a business dinner or place to dine with pals amongst Dubai’s elite – either indoors or on the outside terrace. Restaurant Basic Supervisor Ivo John Krmpotic and Head Chef Matthew Dahlkemper introduced us with an array of basic brasserie dishes that have been seasonally sourced.
Some highlights embrace: za’taar salmon and caviar with shallot potato cake, pickled onion and cucumber yogurt; Michael Mina’s tuna tartare with pine nuts, garlic, mint and sesame-habanero oil; beets and burrata with toasted pistachio, quinoa pilaf and buckwheat crouton; phyllo-crusted Dover sole with brown butter-caper sauce; and wood-fired lamb chops. Don’t Miss! Order a cocktail from the gin trolley.
The Spa at 4 Seasons Lodge DIFC: On the seventh flooring at the 4 Seasons DIFC, we discovered luxurious and serenity in the remedy rooms that look out to the Burj Khalifa. My spa expertise was so enjoyable after an extended journey day. I hope to return for their 24-karat facial, a singular facial that comes with 24-karat gold to carry, tone and revitalize.
some pictures courtesy of 4 Seasons DIFC
Palazzo Versace Dubai Lodge: If you wish to stay in a Palace only 15 mins to the Dubai International Airport and eight minutes to downtown, guide a room at Palazzo Versace! We felt like we have been staying in a 16th century Italian Palace. Generally known as Dubai’s Neoclassical masterpiece, the entrance to Palazzo Versace Dubai is beautiful with high ceilings, a ‘Pietra di Fiume’ design of the long-lasting Medusa, Greek décor and Italian furnishings adorned with materials and designs from Versace.
Situated along the historic Dubai Creek and Jaddaf Waterfront, this 5-star lodge has superbly landscaped gardens, palm timber that encompass the lagoon swimming pools adorned with mosaic tiles. It’s a luxurious retreat for vacationers, and in addition a perfect venue for weddings and social occasions.
Our room had luxurious accommodations with Versace’s designs all through our suite with parquet flooring and elaborate white and cream boiseries, and a pastel palette of silk furnishings. There’s even a boutique in the lodge with the Versace Residence Collection that options a number of the decor in the suites for friends to purchase. Our views of the Dubai Creek and the Jaddaf Waterfront have been panoramic, and we had two loos featuring handcrafted mosaic and Carrara marble tiling.
Vanitas: Situated in Palazzo Versace Dubai Lodge, we dined in the signature Italian restaurant Vanitas and savored the selfmade pastas, and scallop carpaccio, together with other basic Italian cuisine introduced in elegant Versace designed china.
The SPA at Palazzo Versace: The SPA is an award profitable spa with remedies rooms and Moroccan Hammams, rest areas that have plunge swimming pools, steam rooms and saunas.
We had a soothing couple’s therapeutic massage and enjoyed the peaceable setting in this new Versace spa with marble flooring of Granito Nero Assoluto, mosaics and white birch wood partitions with mother-of-pearl details. Our therapists pointed out that the décor’s motifs belong to the ocean world: cornucopias interlaced with small seashells and embellished curlicues.
Some photographs offered courtesy of Palazzo Versace
Easy methods to Get to Dubai?
Emirates Airlines – our airways of selection for this trip is Emirates Airways. From the moment we booked our flight to our arrival in Dubai, we acquired wonderful service and had a wonderful in-flight expertise. If you’d like the “WOW” issue flying to Dubai, reserve a ticket with Emirates Airlines.
How one can Get Round Dubai?
We advocate reserving tours and a personal driver with EET, a pacesetter in tour operations and travel management in the UAE. Our pleasant driver Rashid was professional, punctual and received us the place we would have liked to go. EET lives up to their motto “Always good Service, Always customer comes first.”
By: Patricia Stone, a travel writer and marketing consultant for www.GlobalAdventuress.com
Journey Acknowledgements: We want to thank the The Oberoi Dubai, Raffles Dubai, Four Seasons DIFC & Mina Brasserie, Palazzo Versace & Vanitas, Seawings, Burj Khalifa, Burj Al Arab, Arabian Adventures, and EET for internet hosting us throughout our stay.
Additionally, we recognize the help of our sponsors – GoPro, providing us with a Go Pro Hero3 to seize the video clips on YouTube, and DK Eyewitness Journey for providing us with a helpful Top 10 Dubai & Abu Dhabi Journey Information. Opinions in this article are our personal.